CLICK HERE TO DONATE
The financial implications, especially for the kids of Christian Youth Theater (CYT), are significant, and required us to do some "outside the box" thinking. What we've come up with is a bit daunting, but includes ideas that we're extremely excited about. First, we will be staging a smaller, shorter show called "A Red Door Christmas," to be held in our intimate, 125-seat theater in our complex in El Cajon . It promises to be a terrific production, with a trip down memory lane that celebrates some of the joys that make Christmas so magical: family time, cozy blankets, hot cocoa, and favorite Christmas classics! Join us for dance, song, and new Christmas memories in our first ever, "A Red Door Christmas!"
Also planned between now and the end of the year are still-in-the-works concerts by professional musicians who got their start on stage performing in CYT/CCT shows. In addition, we have begun the "FILL SANTA'S SLEIGH" campaign, a giving effort with a goal of $20,000! Watch your email and Facebook for more information about these and other efforts in the coming weeks.
Even though Christmas 2013 will not be the "traditional" show we have experienced we will continue to make new traditions at our "Red Door." Please join us by coming to see "A Red Door Christmas," or by considering giving a financial gift of the dollars you would have spent on attending Traditions of Christmas and help us “FILL SANTA'S SLEIGH.” Every dollar will help us end 2013 in the black and will support CYT, the best children's theater program in the country, as we continue to "develop character one stage at a time."
• Camps – Reaches nearly 1,000 students annually
• Classes – Reaches 4,000 children ages 4-18, annually
• CYT@School – Brings the arts into neighborhood schools
• Shows – Reaches 50,000 patrons annually.
• HYPE – High School Youth Pursuing excellence Leadership program.
• Scholarships – Every student is underwritten by a minimum of $20. No child is turned away due to financial need.
• Matthew Herriman Scholarship Fund – Honoring students with excellent character.
• School Days – CYT offers field trip opportunities serving almost 40,000 local students annually
Friends’ Circle - $50 Underwrites CYT @ School student
Encore Circle - $100 Underwrites 16 students to attend a School Days Field Trip
Spotlight Circle - $250 Underwrites one CYT class scholarship
Artists’ Circle - $500 Underwrites one CYT scholarship for summer camp
Orchestra Circle - $1,000 Underwrites two CYT shows
Actors’ Circle - $2,500 Underwrites a CCT show
Starring Circle - $5,000 Underwrites CYT season of classes and shows
Directors’ Circle - $10,000 Underwrites CCT season of shows
Producers’ Circle - $25,000+ Underwrites all aspects of CYT