Auditions are a wonderful way for students to gain self-confidence and experience in performing in front of people. Currently enrolled CYT students ages 8-18 are invited to audition for any one of the CYT productions each session.
To find specific information about the show you would like to audition for click on the show:
If you are cast...
- You are limited to one minute. Show the best of your talents!
- Introduce yourself with energy and confidence.
- Smile, project, make eye contact with the directors, and be well prepared in every way.
- Sing an appropriate song in your range – a children’s song or show tune is recommended.
- Bring sheet music or an instrumental-only CD.
- Add some movement or dance.
- Perform a monologue or dance routine or other special skill if you aren’t a singer.
- You may also be asked to learn and perform a short dance routine.
- For more detailed information CLICK HERE.
- You must be at all rehearsals for which you are scheduled. If an absence is necessary, permission must be received from the Area Coordinator and CYT Manager. Any cast member missing more than two rehearsals may not be able to participate in the show. Conflicts (other than illness) after casting are not allowed.
- You may not leave rehearsal early.
- You must commit to approximately 40 hours of rehearsal time before move-in and dress rehearsal week.
- You must attend Super Saturday and all dress/tech rehearsals.
- You must be at all performances. This includes missing two days of school.
- All conflicts must be listed at the time of auditions, and will be taken under consideration during casting. Conflicts, other than illness, reported after casting will require that you drop the show.
- You must pay a Production Fee of $150
- Your parents must agree to attend two parent meetings and to serve approximately 20 hours on a production committee.
Parents must agree to the following:
I realize that if my child is chosen for the cast, I will be responsible to make sure he/she attends every performance and every rehearsal for which he/she is scheduled. In case of illness, I will notify the Area Coordinator in advance. In order to ensure the quality of rehearsals and the production, I understand that two or more absences may result in dismissal from the show. I understand that students who audition are NOT eligible for a tuition refund. I understand that my child may audition for one area/show only each session. I understand that I will be charged a $150 Production Fee for the 1st child, $125 for the 2nd child and $100 for each additional child. I am also responsible for personal items (i.e., shoes, tights, make-up). I understand that I will be required to attend two parent meetings and to volunteer 20+ hours as part of a parent committee.